Friday, September 8, 2017

Fabulous First Week

Dear First Graders,

     I don't even know where to begin!  We had such a wonderful ending to our week. I continue to be impressed with your great first grade habits.

     Yesterday, I loved hearing about the pictures, stories, and toys that you brought to share! Here are some action shots. We did a nice job asking great questions to learn more about our friends. Our star helper starts Monday (calendar to the right). You will each get a day to bring in an item from home to share over the next two months. We will be working on stretching our ideas to tell at least three things about what we bring!




     Did you tell mom and dad about the surprise I brought in today?!?! A monarch butterfly chrysalis. I found three caterpillars on my mother-in-laws flower farm in Saratoga and we will get to watch one of them transform into a butterfly! Super exciting.


     We also had a surprise visit from Dr. Tangorra (Superintendent) and Miss Gemmill (Assistant Superintendent). They were very impressed with what hard workers we already are.

       This would be a great weekend to start on your first home assignment, your writing idea collage. Here is my example... (digital copy of the assignment to the right; Launch Beginning Letter)

Bear Hugs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment